Come on, I mean! It’s cool, crunchy, spicy, and juicy all at once. This is a delicious, healthy meal that’s full of flavor. It has a good mix of carbs and protein.
ALDI is the place to shop if you haven’t already
Here’s what you need to know. ALDI has become a very important part of the weekly shopping at our house for two reasons. 1) The products are GOOD – and they’re often organic. It also saves us money.
ALDI is our go-to place for many essentials.
- Organic whole milk
- Organic produce
- Organic grains
- Organic yogurt
If you don’t already shop there, then I think as we move into fall and back-to-school season, you should make more frequent grocery trips, get back on the planning of meals train, etc. You’ll want to do some weekly stock-ups.
If you aren’t sure, you can start by reading This Post of 21 Things You Must Buy at ALDI. You can also DM me via Instagram to get the receipts for all of my weekly Instacart purchases at ALDI. This will allow you to see exactly what I have been buying. (Kind of kidding, but still?)
ALDI has everything you need to make this recipe – yay. ALDI has a variety of products, including their Simply Nature Organic Thin Sliced Breast Fillets. (I love that they are already thinly sliced!) Season’s Choice riced cauliflower, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, Park Street Deli Dill Dip, and Simply Nature Organic white rice are some of the featured items.
Buffalo Chicken Recipe
The world is full of buffalo chicken. This buffalo chicken is made from:
- Not breaded or fried, but marinated and grilled
- Easy as pie
- Packed with flavor
- Extra juicy
- Golden and Beautiful
- The versatile design can be worn with almost anything.
You can grill the chicken after marinating it in some pantry staples.
If you’re anything like me, you can use a grill pan on your stove to avoid using the grill itself, which isn’t difficult but feels that way sometimes.
Grill and marinate. Easiest. Ever.
The thinly sliced chicken breasts cook faster and more evenly.
How to Make Cauliflower Garlic rice
It’s my favorite way to cook rice.
This is a hybrid of regular rice and cauliflower:
- It would be best if you cooked the rice.
- Roast the cauliflower rice.
- Then you combine them.
You know, they really need each other? Cauliflower rice alone isn’t exciting enough, just like plain white rice. Roasting the cauliflower to intensify the flavor and get a crispy brown texture and tossing in the regular rice will make it more delicious and interesting. This is a WIN. It’s a winner in texture and taste.
How to Store Buffalo Chicken
The rice and chicken will keep well in the refrigerator for a few days.
Vegetables will also prep well! They should stay in the container they came in so they won’t need to be heated when you reheat individual portions.
I would recommend storing your rice and chicken separately, then keeping one container aside for the toppings (fresh veg or dip).
Speaking of Toppings
I used the ALDI dill sauce because it is my favorite. I used the dill dip because it is my favorite at ALDI.
You can use any sauce that you like as long as it has some creaminess. Even just… ranch? You could make your magic sauce or Jalapeno Ranch.
- 1 lb. Simply Nature Organic Thin Sliced Breast Fillets They are then flattened or cut in half so that they are thin and flat.
- 1/4 Burman’s Hot Sauce
- 2 The following are the ingredients of tablespoons of Specially Selected Raw Honey
- 1 The following are some examples of the use of Garlic powder
- 1 The following are some examples of the use of Paprika
- One teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 The following are some examples of the use of Onion powder
- Black pepper Taste
- 1 Simply Nature Organic White rice
- 1 Package Season’s Choice riced cauliflower
- 1 – 2 The tablespoons are a convenient way to measure out the amount of food. Just Nature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt Taste
- Marinate Chicken. Place the chicken, buffalo sauce (or honey), garlic powder, paprika, and salt in a bag or bowl. Place the chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for between 30 minutes and 2 hours.
- Prepare Rice: Prepare rice as directed on the package.
- Roast Cauliflower: Place the cauliflower rice onto a sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil. Roast at 425° for 20-30 mins until partially brown and a bit roasted. Add roasted cauliflower rice to cooked rice. Add roasted cauliflower rice to cooked rice.
- Cook chicken: Heat a grill pan on high heat. If needed, add a few drops of olive oil and then the chicken pieces. Discard any extra marinade. Cook each side for a couple of minutes until nicely browned, and the interior is no longer pink. Let the meat rest in the pan for a couple of minutes.
- Serve Slice the chicken and serve it with a serving of cauliflower rice. Add sliced tomato and cucumber, and top with a dollop of dill or ranch dressing. Yum!