Planning on having the nice, chic tea party baby shower? Food couldn’t be more important to make this event memorable and special. While the party is taking place, you do not want the guests to be hungry or thirsty. Since they are your guests it is your responsibility to be fully prepared to accommodate them.
When it comes to a tea party baby shower, food is detrimental to its success. I know it is stressful, not only do you have to worry about the decorations, games, and invitations, but you also need to organize the menu. With fancy tea sets and pastries a tea party baby shower can be made to look very beautiful. Many hosts or mothers-to-be have to decide between hiring a caterer and preparing the food and beverages themselves. Hiring someone to prepare the menu for you can take a huge load off your chest, but when the budget is limited, you have to take matters into your own hands.
The best thing about a tea party baby shower is that you can have everyone sit together at one big table, if space permits, of course. This is a great idea because it keeps all the guests gathered together for the mother-to-be to converse with throughout the entire shower. If you plan on having the food for your tea party shower in more of a buffet style or displayed on one table here is a cute idea, why not arrange chairs around the display of food with stuffed animals in them? This will go great with the theme and remind everyone of their childhood tea parties!
Now you can think about what you want to serve at your tea party shower. Delicious baby shower foods can range from finger sandwiches to tea cakes. If someone is hosting the party for the mother-to-be it is definitely a good idea to consult with her or her close family/friends on some of the dishes to have.
Some sample recipes:
- Mix brown sugar, rice and tea together a put on foil in the bottom of a skillet
- Put a rack on the top with chicken spread out on it
- Cook, covered, on high heat until chicken is brown and fully cooked (about 13-14 minutes)
- Dice chicken and serve with lettuce leaves
- Get a sheet of pastry
- Cut into desired shape with cookie cutters (hearts, stars, bears, etc.)
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 13 minutes
Goat Cheese Tea Sandwiches:
- Mix 2 (5 ounce) logs of goat cheese with ½ cup chopped watercress leaves
- Season with salt as desired
- Spread evenly over spread (Cinnamon, whole-wheat, raisin, etc.)
- Cut sandwiches diagonally
- Garnish with pecans
The fun part of the tea party is the beverages! You can choose to turn this shower into a remarkable tea tasting event. Have an assortment of teas from around the world for everyone to try. You can even ask your guests to bring their favorite.
Everyone enjoys a good afternoon tea party with savory scones, bite sized sandwiches and sweets! Nothing is more relaxing than a nice, warm cup of tea to enjoy while sharing intimate conversations with your guests. You can turn it into a formal affair or keep it casual.