It’s so simple and easy to make, plus it tastes amazing. It comes together in only 20 minutes from start to finish.
The three-cheese pasta is smothered with a homemade Alfredo sauce. What’s the best thing about this dish? It’s not just the epic garlic-cheese goodness. It’s not the creamy goodness that melts in your mouth. The fact that you can make it in only 20 minutes from start to end.
Seriously. You can do it in a matter of minutes. No joke. The secret ingredient is tortellini. Fresh tortellini is better than dry, but it can be cooked in the same amount of time. You’ll want to double this recipe if you don’t want to fight for the second serving!
- One 9-ounce package of three cheese tortellini that is refrigerated
- Two tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes crushed
- 2 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- You may need more than 1 cup of milk.
- Half and half is a cup of half-and-half
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, 1/4 cup
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Fresh parsley leaves, two tablespoons
- Cook tortellini in a large pot with boiling salted water according to the package directions. Drain well.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Stirring frequently, add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for about one minute. Stir in flour and cook until it is lightly browned.
- Stir constantly while adding milk and half-and-half and cooking until the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Add cheeses and stir until melted. This should take about 1-2 min. Add more milk if the mixture becomes too thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the tortellini and gently combine.
- Garnish with parsley if you wish.