We’ve tried eating healthy this week with our Mexican Tortilla Bean Soup and Spinach Heirloom Tomato Salad. But Saturdays are special. They’re the perfect day for us to indulge in a delicious feast. This Mutton Keema recipe is a favorite! It is spicy and flavorful, so you will want to have another. It’s a favorite of Indian Non-veg recipes.
Keema is made in large batches to last us the whole weekend. This curry is no exception to the rule that Indian curries taste better the next day. This delicious dish is hard to resist. It’s a delightful dish that can be enjoyed repeatedly until it becomes boring.
The remaining keema is also great for making samosas. For a delicious breakfast, you can stuff them with parathas or flatbreads or even top them with eggs. Keema can do so many things – it’s fantastic!
I’m going away right now to mop up this keema with some naan while you make this lunch. Take a photo if you make this.
500g Mutton Mince
Two tablespoons Ghee
Three pods Cardamom
4 to 5 Cloves
2 Chilies Green, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons Ginger Garlic paste
Two large, finely chopped onions
3 Large, finely chopped tomatoes
One teaspoon of Chili Powder Red
One teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
One tablespoon of Coriander Powder
One teaspoon of Cumin Powder
One teaspoon of Garam Masala Powder
1/4 cup Tomato Puree
1 Potato large, cubed
1/2 cup green peas
One teaspoon salt to taste
Two tablespoons Coriander chopped
- Heat the ghee in a large saucepan or kadhai, and then add all the spices.
- After they have started to sputter, add the green chilies and ginger garlic paste. Let the onions caramelize until they turn a light brown color.
- To the saucepan, add chopped tomatoes and all ground spices (except garam masala) to taste. Sauté until the tomatoes are tender and turn pasty.
- Mix in the minced lamb, garam masala powder, and tomato paste. Add the potatoes, green beans, and one-and-a-half cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Let the potatoes cook until the water is absorbed completely.
- Mix chopped Coriander and season to taste. Before serving, top with lime wedges and butter.