These baked chicken nuggets, which are easy to make, are sticky and sweet. They’re finger-licking good!
Chicken pieces are cut into bite-sized pieces and cooked to perfection. They’re then smothered with the sweetest, sticky sauce. Are you still not convinced?
Not only are they delicious, but they are also baked and not fried. This saves you a lot of calories, as well as some of the artery-clogging goodness. It’s so simple, with just 15 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes in the oven. Easy as pie!
- Cut 1 pound of skinless and boneless chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Two large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko*
For the SAUCE
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- Four cloves garlic, minced
- Two tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- Freshly grated Ginger, 1 Tablespoon
- Sriracha 1 tablespoon
- Green onions thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds two tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly lubricate a 9×13 baking pan or spray with nonstick spray.
- Season the chicken to your taste with salt and black pepper. Working in batches, dip the chicken in eggs and then coat it with Panko.
- Add the chicken to the prepared baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is golden brown.
- Over medium heat, in a medium saucepan, combine the soy sauce with honey, garlic,, and Ginger. Add hoisin sauce. Stir in the chicken and gently mix.
- Garnish with sesame and green onions if you wish.