This is a simple pasta dish that’s flavorful and filling. This dish is ready in just 20 minutes!
It’s time to get cozy in your sweatpants and cook up some comfort food. It’s 80 degrees F in Southern California, but I’m still wearing flip-flops and shorts.
The entire dish can be prepared in 20 minutes. You only need to boil some pasta and then saute the shrimp in a garlic butter herb sauce. When the pasta is ready, add some fresh greens and your pasta. That’s it. This is easy, quick, and comforting for any weather.
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- Peeled and deveined 1 pound medium Shrimp
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Divide eight tablespoons of unsalted butter into four equal portions.
- Four cloves garlic, minced
- Half a teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes crushed
- Baby arugula, 2 cups
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, 1/4 cup
- Fresh parsley leaves, two tablespoons
- Cook pasta in a large pot with salted boiling water according to the package directions. Drain well.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt, pepper, and other spices to taste.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Stir frequently while adding the garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 1-2 mins.
- Add the shrimp and cook it, stirring frequently, for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt the remaining six tablespoons of butter in the pan. Stir pasta, arugula, and Parmesan together until the arugula starts to wilt. This should take about 2 minutes. Add shrimp.
- Garnish with parsley if you wish.